Wednesday, June 14, 2017

ADHD and Autism In Children

I have got to looking over some of our blog post and realized I am not sure if I have ever told y'all what Brayden's final diagnosis was, but then again I only looked at the titles. So this may be something you have seen already.

As you already know Brayden was diagnosed almost over a year ago for ADHD, however, he had an un-official diagnosis of Autism. Un-Official only because in the state of missouri and actual psychologist that works strictly in diagnosing Autism has to give him his actual diagnosis.

So, As of January 2017, three months of testing at a local Autistic center, Brayden was diagnosed with Autism. They no longer categorize children as low spectrum, aspergers, or high sprectrum. You are either on the spectrum or you aren't.  Bray's diagnosis was peculiar as the psychologist spoke. His autism only affects one aspect of his life. The only reason they did diagnos him with Autism.  Is the easiest way I can describe it is, he is socially awkard.

Since the diagnosis we have continued with his social therapy, waiting to be seen over the summer for OT. Things are finally falling in place, for him and I. Some things are still rocking with him ( I will get to that in a later post), but as some may know with seasonal depression and finding out your child is specially challenged as I call it. I took a really huge fall into the depression. (Another Post When I am Ready)

Thank You All for wandering how he's doing.

Right now he has a friend over, yes a friend. Watching TV.

Diedra

No comments:

Post a Comment