Monday, June 23, 2014

Sleep Over =Big Deal

Yes, that you read right. Let me begin by saying my daughter whom is almost 9 is such a mommas girl. To the point she doesn't even want to stay the night with her grandparents in their new house which is 10 minutes away.

So why is a sleep over equalling a big deal. Here goes, my daughters best friend has always stayed the night with us. It's my best friends daughter as Well. However, after Bubs ball game Thursday night my daughter begged and pleaded with me to stay the night with her best friend.  I was determined she wouldn't do it.  Boy was I wrong. While I sat at home worrying myself sick she was 30 minutes away. Yes, 30 minutes. I drove my best friend insane to the point at times I think she was ignoring me.  I had a really hard time with this. I even stayed awake until I got that last text at almost 11:30 saying she was asleep. Then before I knew it. It was morning and can ya believe it she made it all night long.  I have never been more proud for my daughter to finally understand it is OK if mommy is away because she's coming back. But thanks to her sperm donor she does struggle with this, fear that those close to her will abandoned her like he did. But after years of Ken proving to her he isn't going anywhere and myself proving that mommy will be there to get her in the morning. She finally is starting to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment