Friday, February 8, 2019

Triggers

Not talking about a gun trigger.

Lets talk mental health triggers and triggers for myself that are out of my control.

Lets be real if you suffer with mental illness almost always there is a trigger that you are aware on top of a chemical imbalance. Over time though you may develop more than one trigger.  I use to numb mine with an addiction to pain medicine but being sober I have come to learn what can trigger it.

I often thought that I had general anxiety disorder but in reality I suffer with just anxiety. The only difference between the two is time. My anxiety "flares"up is how I like to describe it. It flares up during very stressful moments or situations in my life.  Whereas to be diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder, its the definition of anxiety but lasting 6 months or more. It took me years to realize that my anxiety triggers weren't just my kids. Because I do develop anxiety over my kids situations, the worry wart in me comes out to play.  But stress, I have stress related anxiety. During very difficult stress filled situations my anxiety flares up. These are two triggers that I solely only deal with that are out of my control.  I do have my occasional anxious feelings but for the most part during these times are just things that could have been avoided.

Avoid stress most people say but that isn't always the case. For example its the time of the year and the very month (February) my fiance gets laid off some. Leaving some of his checks short. Therefor, it becomes stressful to me because February is a short month with the same bills, on top of Valentines day and our sons birthday. Its stress I can't avoid even though I know it will happen and know February will always exist and I can't skip over it, so I cant avoid it the stress. Its almost like the fear of the unknown. Stress of knowing we have bills to pay (they come first), a birthday(well of course I wouldnt ever not buy my kids something for their birthdays), and a holiday (no we don't have to buy for but we do and we don't go over board, candy'stuff animal, & two balloons from dollar tree) to pay for.

Now the things I do to help alleviate the anxiety are different and a few things that I do to help lighten the stress will be up on a different post.

Do you suffer with anxiety? If so do you know what or have you learned your triggers?

With all that being said, I do know people that suffer with anxiety that have never figured out or can't pin point what may be triggering it. As well as I know there are people who are just full of themselves and want someone to feel sorry for them their for they use anxiety as an excuse to gain attention. Which sucks because it makes it hard for people who does suffer with it hard to understand.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, have questions, just ask.

The Occassionally Chaotic Mom,

Diedra

No comments:

Post a Comment