Friday, January 18, 2019

Thunder In January!!

I'm being absolutely serious at this very moment it is lightening and thundering in good I'm southern Missouri in the middle of January.

1. The storm is either one that popped up out of no where and the weather channel wasn't expecting it. 

2. The weather channel was off by almost seven hours due to it wasn't suppose to have gotten any thunderstorm until 6 am.

3. Lastly the other option is this storm is moving way faster than expected and will be followed by the snow storm predicted coming early as well.

What's more alarming now more than ever is the storm came in very little and light. The minute I get up to check on my son who is terrified of storms we had a thunder hit and it was so loud that it sounded as if someone shot a gun. Needless to say my son has three blankets on him one being weighted and he's noise cancel ear phones.  But however, I do believe and pray its just passing through because your girl here don't like very angry thunderstorms. Such as the shuttle thundering and lightning was calming, relaxing, even making me sleepy. The angry lightning and thunder that has my son terrified now has my adrenaline pumping.

A. When weather turns out unexpected where you are from how do you handle it?
B.Does it affect your anxiety if you have anxiety in general?
C.Do you by chance have a child or children that are terrified of storms?

I will answer my own questions to you, because I feel as humans in general deal, cope, and handle things differently in unexpected situations but may have something that others can add in their loves to help them as well.

A. My answer to this probably in all situations help anyone because I really don't have a specific answer. The reason behind this is because I am from southeastern Missouri where all joking aside we can see or experience all four seasons in one week. Such as we are having a thunderstorm in the middle of January and the temperature will rise to almost 50 degrees by 4 a.m. with rain chances of 100% all day. However around I believe the last time I looked around 8 a.m. the temps will start dropping and it is suppose to start snowing by early afternoon. So pretty much for us I say 97% of the time we don't know how to handle unexpected weather because most of the time the weather people can't even tell you what to expect until it hits. During severe thunderstorms where its the angry adrenaline pumping storm we seriously wing it. Usually once the weather storm teams pick it up on radar they start giving us warnings as to how long before it hits.

2. Anxiety, usually my mental illness and I will touch more on this in another blog but I do have general anxiety, mild manic bipolar depressive disorder (I am saying mild due to although I experience the mania, mood changes, mine is more effected by winter weather and most times its controllable due to where we live. And I am no longer on prescription depression meds because over the years ive learned how to control it or learned triggers. Again more on that later)
But unless we start having tornado warnings for example the last two springs we have had a tornado hit just south where we live, like blocks from my house, and north a few miles from of us. Then usually I try and remain calm but still in mommy near mode.

3. Last but Not least, are my children terrified of storms? My son is autistic, you seriously tell a day or two when a storm is comimg because of his sudden mood changes. Like tonight hours before this unexpected storm hit he was extremely emotional. Weve been told by therapist and psychologist the barometric pressure mess with those who are autistic. But believe what terrifies him the most is due to he has never liked loud noises.  Now my daughter on the other hand she loves storms. They don't bother her to much. She gets that from her daddy (My fiance, Ken) .

Now its 11:30 PM and it the storm has right now  left behind its rain (lol) but for the most part the thunder is off in the distance and havent seem lightning in about eight minutes. There for think its safe to try and go to sleep.

Thanks for hanging around until the end, Goodnight My Friends.

The Occasionally Chaotic Mom,

Diedra

No comments:

Post a Comment