Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nauseating Feeling

The past few months I have experienced a lot of pain in my right breast. The doctor who checked me felt that they were nothing more than caffeine knots. Just in case she sat me up with a mammogram and ultrasound.
Well I went in for the mammogram and she came out and said the doctor wanted to go ahead to do the ultrasound. Which my doctor informed me they wouldn't do anything unless they felt as if something needed more diagnosing.  I waited 26 minutes before they got me back to do the ultrasound. In that 26 minutes I feared my life for the first time since 8 years. (I almost lost mine and my daughters life during delivery nearing 8 years ago.) I wander what if they told me I had breast cancer and that it was progressing fast. All these things flashed threw my mind for the sake of my kids. Besides my family and their Ken daddy I'm all they have. I've promised my daughter I wasn't going anywhere. She done lost her dad because he walked out on her and here I am feeling that I'm gonna break a promise I never intend on breaking. 

The ultrasound tech came out to the waiting room and called for me. I seriously felt like running the other way around.  However I didn't. The ultrasound was extremely painful because for some reason my right breast is extremely sore and tender.  I even started crying. The lady that performed the mammogram said I'd hear my results by Wednesday of the following week. Then I get back there to have the ultrasound done and I asked will I find out my results by Wednesday like the mammogram. She said no the radiologist wants to speak to you before you leave.

In the 5 minutes it took for him to come back there to give me the news. This is exactly what went threw my head. I'm gonna have to make a will for my kids to go with my parents. And to start writing letters to my kids to let them know how much they mean to me. *knock* the radiologist comes through the curtain says "Ms. Pigg everything is normal." You are fine.

Talk about crazy! In 2 hours the doctors had my life turned upside down but in reality I needed it. To prove that God is great that he is the one who made me healthy. That the power if prayer is what I needed.

Before I go remember ladies having an annual mammogram can save your life. Because in an instant it can change!

No comments:

Post a Comment