Monday, November 17, 2014

National Prematurity Day

Before heading to bed I wanted to take the time to acknowledge my premature baby. Today is premature day. My Ryleigh was premature in weight due to personal complications. She was two weeks early weighing in at a whooping 4lbs 15 oz.  When I tell my story of my delivery with Ryleigh and the fight I fought to get her here, I let everyone know that she is my miracle baby. 4 days of labor and arguing with my doctor that something was wrong, a mother knows and I was right. Her blood flow that was feeding her had been cut off for two weeks, it was keeping her alive but wasn't feeding her. On the 10th day of October 2005. I told the doctor something was wrong. This momma was right, Ry heart rate was unstable and dropping. I went from being told that I was being discharged with gas pains to having a baby in 25 minutes from when they realized her heart rate was 28. In Honor of Prematurity Day, I am happy to say I have a healthy, intelligent, and sassy 9 year old. 

I know I have a lot of Thankfuls to finish along with updating about my first week back at school.( come back to find out what I am going for.)

Although I have all that and more to blog aboiy. I had to take time out to honor my baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment