Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Little League

I am extremely disappointed this year in the lack of coaching support. I signed my son up almost a month ago for little league tball. I called last week wanting to know about when they would be starting practices.  One week from today exactly  they had the coaches meeting. Still after a week I heard no word from anyone regarding my son sons tball team. Today remind you one week after the coaches meeting I was in town and went by the place my son will be playing through. The place that my son playsvtball threw the employees were disappointed too hear we stilll hadn't heard anything. They gave me the coaches name as well as number to contact them myself and after calling all day. Finally got ahold of one coach to let alone to my surprise the coach whose phone kept going straight to voicemail is the head coach and she was suppose to call everyone Monday night to inform the parents that there is a practice Tuesday May 12 at a certain time. Your right that is today and I found out two hours before after already having plans. So my son missed his first practice of the year due to lack of coaching communication. What's even more funny is this coach himself, the one in whom I spoke to, wasn't so sure about anything. And another parent had contacted him curious as to when practices were going to be. This coach didn't even know where the practices took place considering this is his first year.  Sad part is they start games in less than two weeks.

My thought if you are going too volunteer to coach at least follow these guidelines as follows.

1. List a number you can be reached.
2. Similar to number one communication is the key to a successful season especially if ya want your kiddos the to play.
3. Waiting last minute gets you no where. Do as you were instructed at the coach's meeting. Because you were instructed to get a hold of your WHOLE team, not just one or two hoping that need would fly in the wind.
4. Yes I understand its volunteer and no pay but have some compassion/passion. The kids are only 5&6 year olds they get their hearts broke easily.
5. Similar to Number 4, volunteering or not you agreed to o this therefore do it. Don't be so busy with other things. If you work more than I'd say 30 hours a week job and that's pushing it, don't coach tball. If ya have a million and one other things you do that occupy you more than 50% of the time, coaching little league tball is not for you.

Am I angry? A little because after shell in out $50 for my on to play summer tball. I casmt even get the head coach to call me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment