Saturday, May 9, 2015

My Heart Smiled Just A Little More

I had a busy day of picking up costumes, doing hair, and came home only to run to town again. I am wore out but got to enjoy my gifts the kids made me. They both were absolutely gorgeous. Something that really touched my heart was the plaque Ry brought home. A lot of people know in the beginning of mine and Ken's relationship especially when we moved in together. Ry struggled with the fact of who is this man taking the place of my Papa. (We lived with my parents until Ryleigh was six years old. Her Papa was the only male figure she had in her life because her sperm donation person hasn't been here since she was two. Even before then I can count on 2 hands how many times he seen her the first two years of her life.)  For a while when we'd be in public and someone say to Ken awe you have some cute kids. Ry would reply he's not our dad. My heart smiled though the day she realized Ken wasn't going anywhere and accepted the way things were on her own. She now agrees her daddy has cute kids. She tells everyone he is her daddy. And today my heart smiled even bigger when I seen her  plaque from school that said Happy Mothers Day on the back was signed RYLEIGH E.

E is the beginning of Ken's last name. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment