Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Still feel lost....

Today was Brayden's interview with the local Autism Center.
In case you are nee and may not know exactly what has went on. Let me start out by explaining a brief summary as to  why we have ended up at the Autism Center.

       The most simplest answer of all is that Brayden has always had, have showed, and still shows signs of Autism. He has done this since he was a baby. I was always steered to believe he was a self dependent child at 6 months old.  If course I noticed it but never have been around a child or person that had autism. I had no clue anything about it. Once I got with Ken five years ago. From early on in our relationship he stated he showed signs of Aspergers. That he done similar if not the same things a family member of his does that has been diagnosed with Aspergers. (According to the lady today well that no longer exist.) From Pre- K to 1st grade the began to become more prominent and by the 1st grade we knew there was something. Because he wouldn't do his school work at school and it was a battle to even get him to attempted or even finish it at home. The pediatrician then diagnosed him with ADHD & PDD  (in more depth blog coming soon, because well it's 1:28 am dog tired but can't sleep. So why not get up and smoke right?)
        Anyways there's just a small summary or large summary of what has lead up to the interview from the Autism Center. 

      The appointment in which we have been on a waiting list now for over a year almost a year and half from the initial time we contacted the place.  Our appointment was at 1:30 p.m . and we were out of there by 3 pm. She talked to Brayden a lot but a lot of the focus was geared toward what I could remember. When did I started noticing things and such?  Therefor, the only answer she could really give me is that Autism is NO longer broken up. PDD no longer exist. Asperger's no longer exist. However, I feel that it may very on who you see. Because his pediatrician diagnosed him with PDD. Therefor, I am still lost, I still feel lost and confused if not more than before I went in there. The only thing she could quarentee me right now is that she isn't sure exactly what he has. She believes there is a chance that he is on the spectrum and if he is for sure on the spectrum. Which that confused me considering the sub titles, no longer exist. She kept stating she doesn't know exactly where on the spectrum he is. 


Anyhoo, he does have another appointment coming up in the next couple of weeks.  This appointment is suppose to be a 3 hour window of an appointment. But his IEP for school changed in May at the ending of the school year. Therefor, some of the testing that the Autism Center does, the school does as well, meaning there's a chance the appointment wont be nearly three hours.

Thanks for taking the time out to hear about my baby! :)

Love Always,
Diedra


No comments:

Post a Comment