Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thanksgiving Prep/ Black Friday Thoughts

Our family for Thanksgiving doesn't have huge family dinners. I mean we don't have a huge family on either one of my parents side but we have a decent size but we just have never gotten together for Thanksgiving. This will be the first year in Ken and I's five year relationship that we are going to visit his family around Thanksgiving.  It will be sometime in or around that week. But then again due to finances we may not be able to. We are hoping that Micki can pull it off with her work and parents to use her car.  Which by the way is her parents car. But then again they may Ok it but her work might not let her switch a day.  My family (My Parents, Sister, Her Boyfriend, Ken and I, and Our Kids) we really just meet over at the parents house and eat. Just depends really, I love Thanksgiving and the Family time we share together. But sometimes it's just another day because during the summers before at least every other weekend/Sunday we'd meet for Family dinner.  My mom mainly but I am sure my dad and maybe my sister is going to watch the kids for us around about 4.

CAN YOU GUESS WHY?

If you guessed, Black Friday (Thursday) you are absolutely right! This set of parents are going at 4 p.m on Turkey Day because that is when a lot of sales are starting. One sale in particular is they are suppose to. Hoping they do get them and the factory can supply them with Hatchimals. I am hoping more than just 10 and if that is all they will have then make it a guarantee item or something. I am not sure what your children have asked for but Brayden has asked OVER and OVER for one of those egg thingies. The hard part is EVERYWHERE even in other states have been completely SOLD OUT! I mean COMPLETELY none in sight. A man over at Kentucky told me it was they are high demand and the company isn't producing enough to withhold the demand of them. That and the saddest part of it all is when they do get them in and even the guy at the Toys-R-Us in Kentucky told us that the minute that they stock them on the shelf the person there to get them grabs them and RUNS and buys them all. They then go keep the one they need or two and sale the rest on Amazon, Ebay, or Facebook at a ridiculous price. These things at most retail stores are 45-50 dollars. I have seen people mark them up to 300 dollars. That is one Price Gouging and you can get in trouble for it but not sure unless you are a company doing it. Most Importantly they are Greedy! Jesus don't like Greedy People.  Done with the hatchimal rant.

Before going I will say my thoughts on company's and retailers being open on Thanksgiving and doing Black Friday.  For one yes Thanksgiving is an important holiday. Two, most of the retailers such as Walmart have a lot of their younger employees working, who want to work to get the triple overtime or holiday pay or sometimes both. Makes for an awesome paycheck. Now my sisters boyfriend is older well not anciently older but older. He's worked for Walmart for many years as a parttime/almost fulltime second job. As for him working, I feel that he may not chose to work but he's experienced for the Chaos.  I do feel that if the employees that have been there for years should have first dibs on if they want to work as well as if they work this year, then the following year they are off. Again, I don't get all riled up over people working Thanksgiving. I understand both insights on it as well. The one holiday though I do have strong opinions about working is Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. That in itself is a huge rant, don't have a lot of time to rant tonight about that.

Anyways, guys stay tuned for Christmas Planner, Christmas Prep, & Anna and Harper arrive yet?

Love Always,
Diedra

Remember we do have a VLOGGING Channel. I haven't gotten to post lately due to my Movie Maker that was on my computer NO LONGER WORKS why, we haven't figured it out. I am possibly going to reset my computer after I save everything to a dropbox or external HardDrive

Go find us, TheEichhorstFamily






















No comments:

Post a Comment