Monday, June 20, 2016

Still In Sever Pain A Week Later

This past Friday (6/17/2016), Ry is one week post operation.  I will give you a low down of our past since last updating you guys when she was freshly hours after surgery.

Friday night 6/10
Like stated in my previous post Ry was in some serious pain and we had went back to my parents.  We were able to keep her hydrated because she knew if it dried up it could cause bleeding. That and it hurt extremely bad.  She fell asleep or shall I say dosed off while I went to Walmart to grab some ibuprofen. Once I got back and woke her up to take her meds. My mom and I both had ramen noodles and well I took some from my bowl and a pair of kitchen cutting scissors and finely chopped some noodles up for her and she ate half of that. Shortly after we went to bed, needless to say I fell asleep. She kept dosing off and my mom got up about two to use the bathroom woke her up to make sure she needed to drink and At this point she needed another dose of her pain meds. Then she pretty much dosed off and on. My dad leaves for work about 7 and she said I swear momma papa looked in the room not realizing I was awake but looked at me like I was crazy. Shortly thereafter she woke me up wanting more meds and it was then she slept for a solid three hours without interruptions, which all in all was what she needed.

Saturday 6/11
As expected she was still in extreme pain and as long as she had the medication in her she done well. She ate a biscuit. Mainly the inside of the biscuit! It seems at night is when it gets extremely painful for her.

Sunday 6/12- Monday 6/13
These two days were pretty much the same except the factor part that Monday after Brayden's game and we picked her up from my sisters. She sneezed. Anyone that has ever had a tonsillectomy knows that sneezing is the most horrible part of it all!  Well this sneeze helped her out a little bit but believe hurt her too. She did have a white scab back there and when she sneezed it busted. However, that allowing then she felt relief on the back of her throat. But since then she has experienced extreme jaw pain. 

Tuesday 6/14- Friday 6/17
So far since about Tuesday all that she has experienced is the jaw pain. Which honestly gets extremely intense. Like she wakes up every morning and pretty much has to get a dose of her pain medicine or Tylenol or Motrin before continuing the day.  Besides that she has now gotten wear pretty much she can eat.

Like today Monday 6/20 she I sitting watching Marley and Me eating a ham sandwich with no crust. 

I must say that I am extremely proud of her because she has done extremely well considering the circumstances.

Well folks that's all for an update. I am not feeling all that great today. Well let me take that back I feel fine I am just experiencing nerve pain in my hip and I am extremely tired today! :(

I do however have semi exciting news that I want to share later on but right now I am just waiting for more confirmation! :)

See y'all later.

Diedra

No comments:

Post a Comment