Thursday, June 2, 2016

Why Do You Have To Be So Mean?

Why are kids mean? I teach mine to like everyone no matter if they are or seem different. Brayden went to the ball field with me today because his practice for his was canceled. Brayden and a group of the boys his age were playing just fine all night. Right before the game ended because well that's a whole other situation. But it was late some of Braydens friends had left and older boys not by much came up to the dirt mound. Well as I was walking to go smoke as this game shot my anxiety up a Wii bit.  But I started yelling at Brayden to stop. A small Gatorade bottle of sand and water he was drinking and the boys were saying chug it chug it. I said who made you do it Brayden. Because Brayden has a  form of  Autism and it doesn't make him an idiot. He knew better. I asked again who made you do at first Brayden pointed at the boy in the orange shirt. He denied it but could tell on his face he wasn't telling the whole truth. Then the other boys denied it as well as Brayden this time. On the way home he confessed and said momma the boy in the orange told me if I drank it he'd be my friend. I just want friends to play with. Those that have read or know understand that the type of autism Brayden has affects him in a social aspect as well as language. My heart shatter. Why did that boy have to be so mean? Why? I can't explain to everyone that he has this and just wants friends. This sleeping handsome little boy just wants friends. He acts a little different but don't we all. And granted he does have friends. Best friends at that but meeting new people he feels he has to do whatever they say to be accepted by them.




To the mean little boy that I can't discipline for honestly being an asshole.  The little boy above is my little boy. I may be over protective and that mom that cares to much. (Trust me there are moms who care so much for their kids and some who don't.) but he's my little boy just like you are your moms little boy and I am sure if she knew that you were drinking dirt mixed with water that she'd be heartbroken to know that you done it to be social accepted. Because this momma was heartbroken. I am still heart broke . And will be until we can get Brayden the social help that's needed. In which he had his second appointment tomorrow. 

Please if all possible parents educate your children on the importance that not all children are the same. As well as educating them that some children that they feel act weird, or different than them may actually be different. As well as in our case may have Autism. Educate your children on Autism if your child doesn't have it.


This broken, heartbroken, tore down, shattered momma is heading to bed. 

Y'all come back

Diedra 




No comments:

Post a Comment