Friday, June 10, 2016

Surgery Day 6/10/2016

Today started out an overall exciting and nervous day. But it turned into one of my babygirls most painful days of her life. Her tonsils were removed.  She is laying on me right now because she is so exhausted and has so much pain medicine from the day in her I am surprised she hasn't slept all day but when your in severe pain even the strongest pain med doesn't take away all the pain and rawness.

Before we get ready for bed I will give a slight recap of what the day was like.

We got to the hospital and they prepped her for the surgery. They then sent me into the waiting room and before I knew it she was done and coming back to her pre-op room.  The doctor said she done extremely well, and that he believes from the surgery she wasn't going to have any post op bleeding. She was going to be just fine. HE said usually in patients he feel will have post op bleeding he can tell during surgery but he said she hardly bled during surgery. He did say they were huge and infected. He put her on an antibiotic as well has pain meds. He said the antibiotic isn't because she is infected because the tonsils are gone now. But it is a post operative measure because studies have showed that it helps as well with the pain. 

We did come back to my parents for a while, then we went home to see daddy and Henry for awhile and Brayden had a game that daddy took him too. However, they said the first day and night would be the worse. So far she has honestly done really well, except the fact that she is hurting really bad and they said we could rotate in between ibuprofen. So since Walmart is in the town my parents live at we decided to come back to nana's. which is good because my mom is going to help me through the night with her.

Anyways, Gonna get off here and call daddy and get her hydrated more and comfortable and get a few hours shut eye!

Catch you all later


Diedra




No comments:

Post a Comment