Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Festivities & More

Christmas Eve was on Wednesday and three days later we are still celebrating.  Christmas Eve we opened tons of presents at the grandparents (my parents), had Christmas dinner there, then we went home and watched them open their gifts from us. Needless to say they are two happy kids. Ry was extremely pleased with all of her gifts along with her new cell phone and her other big gift was her compound bow!!! Brayden was a new big boy bike and his other big gift was skylander trap team.  Once we opened our gifts here, Ryleigh and I went and trimmed my sisters hair which ended up being a cut because she got almost three and half inches off. 

Opening presents at Nana and Papa!!
One of their big gifts was $50 a piece. Thats what my sister and I got as well. I as far as I know didn't get a picture of ry opening her phone just a video. 

After we finish Christmas eve off, we went to bed at decent hour. 

Christmas Day

After three hours of picking up and packing. We were on our way to grandparents # 2. Who lives 6 hours away, in a small town outside of Chicago.  We arrived there shortly after five pm.  We weren't here very long before we began opening presents.  We drew names this year since everyone is on a limited budget.  I will explain what everyone got that I can remember. 


Not quite sure all that Aliya got since I we didn't have her name. Then Nona and Papa bought all the grandkids extra presents from them. 


Brayden got a ninja turtle from one of Edsons daughters then a bunch of tous from Nona and Papa. 


Not sure why I remember a lot of Rys mainly because she was right in front of me. One of Sandys and Edsons daughter had Ry and they got her a monster high art set. From Nona and papa she got a picture collage thing, bag of goodies, and Daddies favorite Hair Chalk.  

Ken's mom had my name and she got me a shirt that says pretty in pink dangerous in camo. Along with an owl necklace.  We had Jason and his mom, Jason got a razor kit and his mom got a picture collage thing. Edson had Ken and ken never put what he liked so Edson gave him $20 bucks. Brayden had Andy and Andy got a knife. 

Friday following Christmas Day

That's when a lot of after Christmas sales are. The kids both got $50 each to spend. Needless to say Brayden bought like $20 bucks worth of crystals for his game. A book, he got Marshal and Rubel plush toys from paw patrol. And a ninja turtle shirt. Ryleigh got a purse (so she can be a big girl and carry her wallet and phone) a lanyard, and a duck tape kit. She had $20 left and on our way home Sunday wanted to buy her own lunch. 

I was extremely excited that the Wal-Mart in Morris had my owl sheets I've been wanting for two months now. They had them in our bed size. 

Can you tell I love owls? 

Then we went to a few other places and took his mom and sister out to eat.  After that we spent the afternoon with his family again. We went home really early well back to the hotel about 8. Got kids showered and ready for bed. 

Saturday After Christmas

We had his big family get together. I still don't know everyone but I always talk to his cousin Nicks wife. So found her on Facebook and added her. We seem to have a lot in common.  We passed out Christmas cards and received some as well. His grandpa gave us money for Christmas. Which is nice and we are investing in a great way. 

Since we only had the hotel for two nights and decided to stay three. We ended up staying our last night at his moms. Mainly so we didn't have to get up from his sisters pack everything to head to his moms. 

Sunday After Christmas 

We spent the morning with family. Then we headed home. Seemed liked the longest drive ever this time.  We got home cleaned up a bit then went to bed. 

Aftermath 

Hehe, it's now the Monday after Christmas and I'm still not fully unpacked. Nor am I any wear near having Christmas organized and put away.  Good thing I am off from school until Thursday. 

Operation get my house back in order has begun. Along with studying over Chapter 3, which is Anatomy. 

Anyways, that was our Family Christmas activities, do you have anything special you did? 











No comments:

Post a Comment