Thursday, December 4, 2014

Starting to Look A lot Like Christmas

Thanksgiving "eve" was the last time I posted. Not because I want to leave everyone in the cold of what is going on but we have been preparing for Christmas along with two sick kids and mommy has been under the weather.

We have decorated the outside. Mainly just the porch. They are dancing lights and when they are set just right in a weird way it spells out LOVE. (You can kind of see the beginning of it in the picture below.) 

*excuse my red heads-head*


Along with decorating the outside we have decorated the tree in which I haven't gotten a picture of it yet!!!!

On to the funniest tradition of all, we have the "Elf On The Shelf" times two.  Our elves names are "Anna & Harper". 

They arrived with an important letter from Santa, reminding the kids that he is watching as well as teaching them that Christmas was the day Christ was born. 

Ryleigh wants a compund bow and a cell phone. Santa brought up ways for her to be good to be able to get these and not a "lump of coal". Brayden wants Skylander Trap Team and Santa let him in on the secrets of being a good boy. One is learning that he doesn't always get his way and throwing a tantrum isn't the eay to go about it.  


The picture above is the third day the elves have been here. Anna is above the picture frame and Harper is to your write. Can you tell me what they did? 

That's right they took dry erase markers and gave them all mustaches. Except for Papa he has a full grown beard so his got colored red. :) 

Indeed these elves can get into a lot of mischievous stuff but in reality it keeps the spirit of Christmas alive. Kids are getting younger and younger where they start questioning Santa. Why ruin it for them at such a young age? Hells bells I'm 29 and I still believe in Santa. But I am also teaching my kids that Christmas is so much more than receiving presents. 

With that being said I will move on over to the sickness that has come around to my house. This past Sunday ( November 30) ryleigh came down with one of her famous hacking fits. The hacking fits continued. I took her to the only wxpress care that was open on Sunday. Lord all mighty I believe everyone had the sick bug. There was at least 20 people in that waiting room wearing mask. I approached the receptionist and asked how long the weight time was..she replied two to three hours. With that reaponse there was no way I was sitting in there with mask covered people who all had symptoms of the flu. Went home and went to bed. Ry and Brayden both woke up sick. Both got into the doctor at 8:45 Monday morning. Brayden a sinus infection and an ear infection in the left ear. Ryleigh a horrible case of bronchitis to the point doctor said that if we would have waited any longer she'd admit her to the hospital.  Finally though after two doctors visits due to cough medicine not working we got her put in a Zpack and Nitquil.  Day 4 and she's doing tons better. Brayden is doing better as well. 

Wednesday December 3, i went to the doctor because of the same symptoms as my kids. On top of waking up not feeling my toes in my left leg alone was numb and my back had shooting pain.  Well since I hadn't had any known trauma and the only thing I could thing of was my spinal almost 6 years ago, she decided to do a x-ray. The xray determined that my lower back muscles are so tense and are contracting together so hard and it's been doing it for a long time that its causing my spine to curve. I have to so muscle relaxers and an anti inflammatory for a month and if that doesn't alievate the pain I have to go back in for an mri to see if it's a herniated disk. 

That has been the eventful Thanksgiving Break I have had. 

Stay tuned to hear more about the elves and what Black Friday Deals we scored. 









No comments:

Post a Comment