Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Countdown Begin Facts

Remember my previous blog that for ten days I will let ya know interesting facts about my pregnancy with the soon to be six year old momma's boy. 

Pregnancy Facts: 
1. My pregnancy with Brayden was nonetheless a breeze. I never had morning sickness but maybe a few times and that was more so toward the end of my pregnancy.  Nothing like My pregnancy with Ryleigh, even tho for the most part with her I had an easy pregnancy until my last three weeks. 

Brayden ( 1 week- 1 year):
 A little background with Ryleigh's first year to help explain and compare Brayden's.  I had post Partum after Ryleigh that eventually turned into post partum Blues. I was miserable. But I also had a lot of help and support from my parents. Being sick and a new mom, during the day my mother worked and I took care of Ryleigh and then my mom got up with Ryleigh at night. All I wanted to do was sleep. 
Now on to Brayden, when I had Brayden. Bless my Mommas  heart she said to me, "Diedra, I am to old for this and you are on your own with this one!!" 
 Granted for the most part at night I was by myself but I did still have help. Remember with boys they have penis' and when changing you must push them down. I learned that just slapping a diaper on a boy that his private goes every which way leaving more room for him to pee out the side of the diaper.  Brayden, though he paid me back for not getting up with Ryleigh in the middle of the night. This child was up every hour on the hour wanting to eat. It got so bad that when my mom got home from work in the afternoon, she tell me to lay down for an hour or so depending on when she got home. Then around six or so I would get up and feed both kids. Get both kids bathed and ready for bed. The blessing there though was after Ryleigh got bathed. She would come lay down with me so I could get her to sleep. But my mom would get Brayden asleep and watch him until she went to bed. Usually I got to sleep from 8 pm to 10 or 11 pm. Some nights longer because she would lay Brayden in his bassinet and he'd sleep until he got up. Finally after he was 4 weeks old the doctor suggested rice cereal because he was giving everyone a run for their money. ( He still does keep coming back to find out more!) pretty much after we got him good on feelings and sleeping, here came teeth. Good God Almighty he was a horrible teether. He teethed from 4 months until he cut his first tooth at 7 months. Finally after that first tooth and some insight from the doctor the rest of his teeth were a breeze. They came in left and right. 

Note for new mothers:  Never forget to move their private downward. That is something I always remind new mothers of boys. But with any sex child, meaning boy or girl, they all teeth. Brayden had a difficult time because I was always taught to use Orgel [spelling wrong I know] but finally after almost 3 months of hardcore teething. I mean long day and nights of pure baby hell because he was in pain. The doctor told me to stop using the topical (on the gum) orgel because it hardens the guns causing it to actually be more painful. Your like me wandering how? Because the tooth is trying to cut and although the orgel numbs the pain for a little while. It hardens the gum making it harder to come thru. Also invest in a vibrating teether. Within 2 days no orgel and the vibrating teether his tooth came thru. 

Asking yourself, what did she use for numbing? 
1. Teething tablets. Yes, I know they now are suppose to be linked to kids having seizures and what not. But seriously if it was that bad do you think they'd still be on the shelves. We mainly used them at night after his night time bottle to help him fall asleep. 
2. On very rough nights where nothing was helping. Go way back in the day where orgel and teething tablets were unheard of. Back in the day mothers and fathers put whiskey on their finger tip and rub the gums. I promise you won't get your child drunk. 

3. Of course Tylenol or Ibuprofen. 

Ending the first year of life: 

Overall Brayden first year wasn't to bad. He crawled at eight months, sat up at six months by himself, he wasn't a binky baby. He liked his bottle tho. Come back later to see how long it took to break him from the bottle. 

Probably wandering......

Most kids walk by age one. How old was Brayden when he walked? 

Come back tomorrow to find out. :)

Goodnight my loves. 





No comments:

Post a Comment